The Atlanta Halloween Half Marathon & 5K will be an annual event that will kick off the Halloween season! The event will take place in scenic Cumming, GA. The start & finish area will take place at the Cumming Fairgrounds, www.cummingfair.net. There will be plenty of free parking and bathrooms located at the Fairgrounds.
The Atlanta Halloween Half Marathon & 5K is a costume and Halloween themed event that adds a unique twist to the traditional half marathon & 5K event. Each year more than half of the runners tackle the 13.1 miles decked out in full costume! Some of the more popular costume themes that we have seen include: Superhero, Villain, Scary, Funny, and HUH? (for those uncategorizable costumes!) It is not mandatory to run in costume; but we recommend that you do! In our experience the runners and walkers that participate in groups and in costume seem to have more fun! Awards will be presented to the Top 3 in each Age Group category. There will also be prizes for participants with costumes that stand out!
We cannot guarantee that you will achieve your personal best time, but we will ensure that you have a good time! All finishers receive a signature Halloween themed medal. Our event is known for its top notch medals!
Sunday October 26, 2014
- Half Marathon: 8 am
- 5K Run: 8:30 am
Making Corral Changes
Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
- Before the event deadline: If you would like to change your corral/predicted finish time for your race, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your request along with your first name, last name and the mailing address that you registered with.
- After the event deadline: If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race number at the Packet Pick-Up and fill out the “Corral Change form” to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral. To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- You must be at least 14 years old to participate in the half marathon.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a half marathon
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at Packet Pick-Up
- Race numbers are required to participate
- No pets allowed
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Course Time Limits
The half marathon course has a 3 ½ hour time limit (16 minute mile pace). The course will close once half marathoners doing a 3 ½ hour pace have passed. The course time limit will go into effect as the last wave of runners crosses the start line.
Gear check will be available at the Start/Finish.
Information Booths and Lost & Found
Information Booths will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booths will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the Start and along the course.
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented 3-deep in all divisions, for male and female categories. Awards will determined in accordance with USATF Rules. Overall awards will be determined by gun time while age group awards will be determined by your Chrono-Track time.